Call for Articles:
Technology is a big part of daily life, and it can provide important educational tools. With this issue of The Change Agent, we invite you to share your story about technology! Use one or two of the following prompts to guide your writing. (By technology, we mean computers, mobile phones, etc.):
- Write about a way that technology has benefited your education. Be specific.
- Discuss ways that technology has been a disadvantage in your education. Be specific.
- Describe the debates you might have in your family—with your children or parents, for example-- about how to use technology.
- How have ideas about privacy changed with technology? Should there be guidelines or laws that protect people’s privacy?
- How do you relate to the changes in technology? Do you look forward to all the new products on the market? Or do you resist the constant changes?
- Have you ever used technology to promote democracy or grassroots participation? If so, how?
- What is the role of advertising in free online content?
- Are there ethical guidelines that you believe should be enforced around how technology can be used to track your habits, etc.?
- What do you think of the way social media “connects” people? Describe positive and/or negative experiences with it.
- Describe your favorite app for furthering your education.
Instead of long and general essays, we would like to see stories that are specific and detailed. Limit the scope of your story, but tell it fully. Suggested length is 200-1200 words. Please include in all articles and emails the contact information for the student and/or the teacher. All articles will be considered. Final decisions are made by The Change Agent editorial board. A $50 stipend will be paid to each adult education student whose work is accepted for publication. Please submit illustrations, cartoons, and graphics on this theme too!
All articles must be received by May 3, 2013.
Please send material (preferably by email) to: email@example.com
Cynthia Peters, Editor
New England Literacy Resource Center/World Education
44 Farnsworth St.
Boston, MA 02210
You can download the Call for Articles from our website. Then watch for the published issue this Fall!